Until now Musical Fidelity have chosen not get involved with the DSD format because the technology was very fluid. But after many years of patient research and development they are proud to launch their MX-DAC with DSD.
The MX DAC represents truly outstanding value for money. Its combination of superlative technical performance, technical innovation, build quality and value should prove a compelling proposition for music lovers.
The new MX DAC is a tremendous performer. It has ultra low distortion, very wide bandwidth and low noise. The technical performance of the MX-DAC is on a par with any other DAC at any price. Jitter is about 12pps, s/n ratio is -116dB (‘A’ weighted), linearity is +0.2dB at -116dB, stereo separation is -104dB at 1kHz, frequency response is ruler flat and distortion is 0.00025% at 1kHz and 0.0003% at 20kHz.
These technical figures are state-of-the-art. They demonstrate that the implementation is almost perfect. This ensures completely neutral and accurate digital-to-analog conversion of any digital input. The MX DAC has inputs for: 2 x optical (up to 24 bit 96 kHz), 2 x COAX (up to 24 bit 192 kHz) and USB up to 24 bit 192 kHz asynchronous. Importantly, it also has inputs for DSD 64 kHz and 128 kHz.
Even more importantly all inputs whether from optical, COAX or USB are processed in the DSD domain. This desirable feature gives a warmth and humanity to the sound that simple digital conversion doesn’t achieve.
The MX DAC has both single ended and balanced outputs.
- Sample rate converter: SRC4392 up-sampling data to 192kHz
- Digital to Analogue converter: PCM1795 32 bit / 192kHz Multi-bit Sigma-Delta type
- Output Voltage: 2 Volts RMS single-ended (RCA)
- Output Voltage: 4 Volts RMS balanced (XLR)
- PCM THD: <0.002%
- PCM THD(+ noise): <0.003%
- DSD THD: <0.003%
- DSD THD(+ noise): <0.006%
- PCM Frequency Response: –3dB, 2Hz to 90kHz
- PCM Frequency Response: –3dB, 2Hz to 40kHz
- Channel Separation: -110dB
- Coaxial Inputs: S/PDIF up to 24 bit / 192kHz
- Optical Inputs: S/PDIF up to 24 bit / 192kHz
- USB Input: USB Audio Class 2 requires USB 2.0 or higher
- USB Data Transfer: Asynchronous with DSD DOP 64/128 support
- 2x RCA coaxial connector SPDIF
- 2x TOSLINK optical connector
- 1x USB type 'B' connector
- 1x line level RCA (single-ended)
- 1x XLR Male sockets (balanced) to EIA RS-297-A
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 220 x 53 x 215
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 1.9Kg / 2.4Kg
- Power Consumption: <0.25 Watts standby, <1 Watt max.
- 1x 5v / 2A DC power supply (90-250VAC universal worldwide supply)
- Windows driver CD
- User manual
Write Your Own Review
You are interessted in our products?
Here you can send us an inquiry, without obligation.
We will contact you as soon as possible.